SEWC is Hiring: Program and Communications Associate
COMPANY: Southeastern Wind Coalition
The Southeastern Wind Coalition (SEWC) is a non-profit coalition of industry, academia, partner NGOs, government, and utilities working to advance the land-based and offshore wind industry in the Southeastern U.S. We take a business-minded and economically focused approach to building the case for wind energy, including the wind supply chain. SEWC regularly convenes stakeholders across our 11-state footprint and leads or participates in strategically important initiatives and discussions to bring wind to the region. We are passionate about growing the wind industry in the Southeast. More information is available on our website at http://www.sewind.org
The Program and Communications Associate will be an integral part of all SEWC operations and administration. This includes member outreach and communications, social media content development and outreach, technical comment development, event coordination and organization, grant applications and reporting, administrative activities, and many other aspects of the business. The position also supports programmatic work developed by senior staff. You will be an important staff member in a small, energetic, growing, and mission-driven organization with an entrepreneurial culture. Can-do attitudes and self-starters will fit well. This position reports to the Program Manager.
• Position has primary responsibility for executing SEWC communications efforts, including providing material for, and drafting monthly member communications and quarterly newsletters to the SEWC network
• Craft and submit technical comments to relevant government agencies with direction from senior staff
• Craft and submit opinion writing to various media outlets
• Research specific issues or queries as identified by program staff
• Organize Utility Advisory Group, webinars, and other state or regional events
• Manage social media accounts, website, and general email account
• Works with program staff to create and disseminate outreach and communications
o Create outreach documents and resources to be used by partners
• Manage grant reporting requirements
• Maintain SEWC’s supply chain database and website
• Membership management - invoicing and outreach opportunities
• Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks, work effectively with good direction, and know when to ask for help.
• Excellent organizational skills with ability to set priorities, work effectively from home, and maintain a positive attitude
• Excellent written communication skills
• Detail oriented
• A passion for seeing the clean energy industry grow and helping to make it happen
NICE TO HAVES
• Wind energy industry experience and/or knowledge
• Entry-level graphic design and/or web design experience
• This is an entry level/early career position that provides competitive non-profit salary
• SEWC does not provide direct medical or retirement plans
• SEWC is based in Raleigh/Durham, NC but does not have office space. Employee will work from home, somewhere in our 11 state footprint
• Travel expected to be minimal
HOW TO APPLY
1. Pitch yourself in 250 words or less in an email to email@example.com
2. Attach your resume and include “Program and Communications Associate” in the subject line.
3. Email containing your “pitch” and resume must be received by Oct 1, 2021.